Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just recently took my c230 coupe in for my b-service and a list of other problems. Thats not the point of this topic though, i love my c-class and i was wondering what loaners were other people offered when they brought their cars in? So far Ive gotten a 2002 E320 and a 2003 C240 sedan...anyone know if buyers of more expensive benz models get better loaners? Lets hear what you got!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer has a fleet of over 30 2003 Toyota Camrys that they lease from their Toyota dealership that they use for loaners.

Frank B

·
Registered
175 Posts
The one time I was given a loaner it was a 2002 E class (forget what size). Usually, I take advantage of my dealer's pickup and delivery service though!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The dealership has a fleet of C240’s and a few C230K Sports Coupes. I’ve driven the C230K with C5, C7, auto. Pretty responsive :D (although a slightly more twisty for this size and weight) with more cabin noise :( (less insulation probably because of the panoramic roof and less insulation to make the car lighter) :? .

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've only had mine in for service once (for the ESP/BAS thing) and I was given a Mazda 626. However, in their defense, they thought the job was a one-hour or less, replace-the-switch repair, so I told them I wouldn't need a car. When it turned out to be a three hour job, they were able to scavenge a vehicle for me to run a 75-mile errand. Some people would whine about this, but having been looked at like a heretic for daring to ask about a loaner with ANY other new car that I've had and taken in for service, I feel very taken care of.

Tim 8)

·
Registered
34 Posts
My dealer has never loaned me a Mercedes...

...when working on my car.

They've always made it clear when I was preparing to buy the car that they had a whole fleet of loaner Mercedes for us loyal customers ready to use whenever the car was being worked on.

However, and these howevers come after the sale was done and final:

1. They won't loan you jack unless you make an appointment before hand specifically requesting and reserving one in advance.

2. Even if you reserve one, it doesn't mean you'll get it. The excuse I got on two separate occasions was "Sorry, the other people we loan the cars to don't bring them back when they say they will :D".

3. Oh, loaners are only on warranty/servicing work. You didn't know this didn't apply to body work or any other kinds of repair work and we didn't tell you? Well, they do.

The days when they promised a loaner but didn't have one (every single time), they called Enterprise rent-a-car and I got to go meet all of my clients in a sickly gray Chevy Prizm.

I'm bringing my car in for servicing on Tuesday, and there will be hell to pay if I have to go an entire day in another godawful rental crapmobile.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Had my C320 Coupe, re-detailed, when I got the car it was not done correctly. the loaner an ML think 350, which was alright, but I woudl not have one, not for the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts