Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,
Round trip from El Mirage to the Sacramento area of about 870 miles to pick up another puppy. Now I have 2 adults and 2 pups. The 2 young ones will be competitive runners.
I made good time until I hit Mojave, north of Neils neighborhood. I started at 2 am and got back just before 8 pm. Long day.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy Phae,
No pix posted yet. I've got them but I am going to redo my web page and have them there. Hope to do it some time this week. The color on this pup is fantastic. He is a little redish with a black saddle. The top half of his ears have the red and the bottom half are black. The colors flow together.
Also found out what the delay was in Mojave. A Cesna (sp?¿) that took off from the local airport decided to crash and burn. I saw the burn. Nobody was killed that I know of.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hey, Frank!

You shoulda stopped by to say hello! :)

I just did that drive myself a couple of weeks ago. I think the better route is taking 138 to the 5, but I'm not really sure. Also, I'm happy to say that my '93 got the best mileage I've seen at 35 mpg (max tire pressure, a/c turned off)!

Anyway, yes it was a Cessna. I think it was a skymaster (twin) and everybody did escape with minor injuries before the plane was totally burnt. "They" said the pilot's hair was on fire when he was helping the passengers out. Any time a plane wrecks, my wife gets really upset since I've started flying...

Congrats on the new pup!

-Neil

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy Neil,
I waved!¡ I usually take 138 and 5 but when I left in the morning I happen t get a time from my place to 58 on the 99 so I wanted to time it back by way of 58 and 14. The drive from 99 to 58 to 14 was a lot more pleasant than the Grapevine. Great gas mileage you got there. I got about 30 mpg in the PT Cruiser before I had to use air and hit the hills east of Sacramento. So how is the flying going?¿

·
Registered
584 Posts
My instructor says I'm ready for the test, but I'm feeling a little shaky. I'll do at least one more solo just to knock some rust off and do a little more book learnin' just to build my confidence. I already did great on the written, but I have been at it on and off and that makes it a whole lot more difficult.

Iknow that I can fly it safely, but I guess I am just having pre-test jitters. I'm also pretty swamped right now with a whole bunch of other stuff which does not help.

Thanks for asking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts