Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First time here. I am looking at a '99 C280 in VA. It has 64K miles on it and is in very good condition. Seller is asking US$ 11,500. What price range should I quote back to him. My (non-professional, first time in a Benz) test ride felt very good to me. I am having an authorized MB profoessional check it out tomorrow.

Two things are broken:

1. The trunk release switch in the center console.
2. The microphone for the car phone next to the rear view mirror.

Both will need replacement. I am wondering how much it would cost me to ge tthat replaced aftermarket as compared to getting the replacement from the MB dealer.

Also any pointers in what all I should keep my eye on as far as checking out the car, would be appreciate.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
response

Nobody seems to want to respond on her! It is kinda strange. I asked a similar question because i am looking at buying the same kind of car & have NO clue about them. Thought this site would help me. Obviously not. :(

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You will not be able to source those parts through the aftermarket. I really can't recommend most aftermarket parts in general when it comes to Mercedes vehicles.

As for checking over the vehicle, just make sure there aren't any apparent leaks underneath, check the suspension for excessive play (ball joints, drag link, tie rod ends, control arm bushings). The 202 cars are really pretty simple. There isn't a lot of highly complex issues that occur with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts