Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, 1st time poster here.

I am seriously looking at the C230 Kompressor, can anyone shed some light on this car, are there any known issues, problems that seem to plaque owners.

Also for the canadian members what are the typical discounts one can expect once the negotiating starts.

I am upgrading from a Neon.... So any advice tips and tricks are welcomed

Thanks

Leo

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome! :)

Welcome to the BenzForum community. I think you will find a wealth of information on the C230K and all things Mercedes. You may want to use the search feature and look over the postings in the C-Class forum to learn about the C230K. Again welcome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Look at a few other cars in this price range such as:

1) Audi A4
2) VW Passat
3) VW R32
4) BMW 325i
5) Lexus IS300
6) Acura TSX
7) VW Jetta GLI
8) Honda Accord Coupe V6 6M
9) Mazda 6s
10) Audi TT
11) Caddy CTS
12) Dodge Neon R/T
13) Scooby WRX (or STi)
14) Mitsu EVO VIII
15) Volvo S60 T5
16) Saab 9-3 Vector
17) Nissan 350Z
18) Infiniti G35

·
Registered
31 Posts
that's a very nice list. but one should note the different classes of cars in this list.

only numbers 1, 4, 6, 10, 11, 15, 16, 18 represent the near-luxury category. Subie, Mitsu, and Dodge listed here are all small muscle cars (although Neon cant compare to WRX or Evo) are not what one would call a classy car. Other brands like Nissan and VW, Nissan, Honda, and Mazda are also a step down from the Benz level, especially Nissan and Mazda. VW and Honda come close in interior quality.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Have owned the 2002 C230 Coupe and noew the 2003 C320 Coupe, you can not beat the cost,equipment and fun factor. Have the Volvo S60 2.4t as backup and that's 44 years experience at car buying. Partial to the hatch back, owned the Mach 1 and 240Z (scca raced).
good luck. Tom

·
Registered
33 Posts
To answer your question: There are a couple of known glitches, but they seem to be getting ironed out. The glitches are what I would consider "minor", as they do not render the car inoperable.

One glitch is the BAS/ESP error. This occurred mainly on 2001 and 2002 C's, and I haven't seen anyone with a 2003 having this problem. Dealer replaced some wiring components to correct

Another glitch is the dreaded "squeak from the front". This also seemed to affect 2001 and 2002 cars. Dealer replaced sway bar bushings to correct.

As the C is in the 3rd year of production, MB has probably ironed out most of the glitches.

I've had my '03 C230SportSedan since January, and have had no problems at all. It's a solid car, fun to drive, looks good, and gets great mileage too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts