Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Nice to find a group talking about the c-coupe. I'm in the process of buying a new car and the c-coupe is probably my favorite right now. I'm looking at a silver model w/charcoal leather, auto, premium package, cd. It seems the MSRP will run me close to $31k for this. Just wanted to know what people's experiences have been with both buying and of course driving. How much have people actually been paying? I'm looking to pay cash, rather than finance.

Any specific problems that have been cropping up?

thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I bought my car early so I paid MSRP, but you should be able to get a discount now. One person over at mbworld.org only buys by internet. You might want to e-mail all the dealers in the the Milwaukee and chicago areas with what you want in a car and what you are willing to pay. If they won't deal by internet, to hell with them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Treatment seems to vary by dealership. However, if your looking to pay cash, that will certainly put you in a better negotiating position. You definitely should not pay MSRP at this point in time. However, you'll get a 2003 if you order now.

You can also check the various MB forums to get an idea of problems that might need watching. I've had my car for a little over a week now and (knock on wood) its been a real joy to drive. 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought one

Call around and find out if the dealer has a 2002 on the lot with your specs (or close to it) Be aggressive on price. 2003 is comming out in a couple of weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts