Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a white CLK500 I'm interested in and was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback about this car. I know there have been some troublesome CLK's out there.

Here is a quick description:

mint condition
24k miles
white/grey leather
xenon headlamps
amg wheels
sound upgrade
new michelin tires
warranty and prepaid maintenence included
37000 obo

This is in CA, the price seems a little high for this car seeing it does not really have many options?? Any suggestions on what to look out for, what i should offer...or simply to stay away from it would help out. Thanks !

·
Registered
678 Posts
Since day 1, the CLK's have been some of the better MB's, both 208 and 209's. They weren't overly designed like the 220 was and the 211 when they first debuted. You may see a couple more problems maybe with a 03 than you would an 04 and up. Since it's still under factory warranty, that would help with any repairs or mantanance coming up. The biggest problems I've seen with the 209's would be Audio system with Audio Gateways. I've replaced a few headlight units on them. There really isn't anything that commonly go wrong with them. They're pretty solidly built. As for the price, I have no idea, I just fix them!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I would agree that the CLK tends to be one of the least problematic of all MB's. Price seems a little steep for an '03, depending on your area. Market is soft on sports coupes right now. Beat em up a little more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts