Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the indoor panel of the door. But I'm scared because it's got airbags. Can someone help me on how to remove it? Thx in advance, Superpipo :wink:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Off the top of my head. If your worried about the airbag, disconnect the battery. Let me think here. Pull off the outer section of the inner grab handle with a screw driver from the bottom. Careful, don't slip! unclip the SRS badge. Unclip triangle trim piece at the mirror area at top and remove. unscrew trim piece at the door latch and remove. Unscrew the chrome cover at the top rear section of the door and remove. Unscrew 1 screw that was behind the SRS badge, and 2 screws behind the grab handle. Pry door off from the bottom until all the clips have released. then lift the panel up off the window sill and undo the latch cable and I believe that should be it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zewerr said:
Off the top of my head. If your worried about the airbag, disconnect the battery. Let me think here. Pull off the outer section of the inner grab handle with a screw driver from the bottom. Careful, don't slip! unclip the SRS badge. Unclip triangle trim piece at the mirror area at top and remove. unscrew trim piece at the door latch and remove. Unscrew the chrome cover at the top rear section of the door and remove. Unscrew 1 screw that was behind the SRS badge, and 2 screws behind the grab handle. Pry door off from the bottom until all the clips have released. then lift the panel up off the window sill and undo the latch cable and I believe that should be it.
THANKS! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts