Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone:

I have a 2013 E350 Coupe with the M276 engine. The car's production date was 7/6/12 and it has 60,000 miles on it. I bought it new and, while I don't have any issues, did MB ever do a recall to resolve the problem with the secondary timing chains rattling during start up (attached notice)?

Is the M276 engine a reliable engine?

Thanks and Regards, Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t think there was ever a recall.

But, I believe this was an apparent fix to the rattle issue:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
I never heard of one but I don't think my car was affected. I can say I rec'd a recall letter about the airbag, so they knew where I lived and that said recall applied. It could've been because it was safety related and I'm guessing someone else is paying the bill. For the timing chain my guess is most companies would not volunteer the info unless required by law.
I can also say lots of people are doing it themselves and I'd image if it was covered then nobody would. I do all my own work but if it's free that changes everything.
There was no attachment that I see but the words "timing chains" are a link to random misc timing chains on ebay.
The engine seems good to me, other than that timing issue and imo sucking oil from the PCV. At least mine was and since I've never see an oil separator that works I assume it's normal. I assume yours was direct injection like mine? Direct doesn't wash the intake valve so they get nasty carbon buildup which hurts power and will eventually start upsetting the fuel mix and screw up emissions, and of course mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts