Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I'm going too look at a 1992 190E with a 2.3 and 179,168 miles on it . Te car looks real good and the insides are near perfit leather. and it started a ran fine . I hav,t took it down the road yet. the lady who owns it SAYS it has been the garge for about a year. there wore no signs of any leaks under the car the vavule cover, head or any were else she claimed the motor compartment had not been cleaned, and I didn't find any traces of oil or grease on the big bar that runs under the oil pan.

She is asking $2,600 for the car , but said we could neg. on the price (becauce of the miles)

I know thats alot of miles But how well do they stand the teast of time?
If the motor was too die is ther any way of doing a V8 swap on it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
so its garage kept, clean, well maintaned, and adult (female) owned.this is a good start. why has it not been used in awhile? what is she driving now? anyways, you found no oil on the sway bar, thats a plus. to furhter assure that this benz is not a leaker, you need to first be aware that this car is likley equiped with an under carriage pan,which covers the bottom of the car from the oil pan back. this pan will prevent leaking oil ,trannie fluid and coolenant over spill from bieng spotted so easily, fortionatly, you can easily remove the front section of the pan with nothing more than a wrench,i think its a 10mm, in no time at all. this will be enough to get a peek at al the vital stuff, with the exeption of the rear differential.

as for the value of the car, well, i recomend you visit www.edmunds.com here you can get reliable information about this cars market value and so on. i would estamate $2,000 would be a fair offer, without knowing your options list. the real question is, what is it worth to you?

yes, mb's can susstaine high miles but this requires high maintenence.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts