Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum so bear w/ me. Have been looking at a new car for some time now but it's so hard to decide. Currently driving an Integra GSR w/ 90000 miles w/ zero problems.
It's down to C230 K coupe/6 speed, (used) IS 300 (hard to find a manual), RSX-S (love the 6-speed) or Subie WRX (love the seats and turbo). Also considered used S4 (had everything I wanted in a car but could only afford a used one w/ no warranty, too scary, too expensive to service), TT (very fun to drive but too small).
I'm looking for fun to drive, practicality, reliabilty and looks. Seems the WRX is the most fun but it doesn't have good gasmileage (so fun to use the turbo) and it lacks even an outside temp. So my question is, do you wish for more power?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well maybe I did't phrase that right. Yes, it's a '03 w/ the 1.8. But what I meant was, do you long for more power in stock form? Did you wish it had more power (well, ok, dumb question). I know that the '02 seems to have a few more a/m stuff but I'd like to keep it fairly stock. Even my Integra I only have an CAI.
What about any other problems w/ the '03? Gearbox? Is everybody happy w/ their car? What's your biggest complaint w/ it?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I think the power is more than adequate, but I will probably get a pulley someday. I have had only a couple on minor problems, such as the passenger headrest had a rattle. The gearbox gets better after a few thousand miles. I am very happy with the car.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Power is fine, the extra's you get and the warranty make a big difference. Have owned the C230 (2002) and now the C320. Great cars and fun to drive, safe and not everyone has one. So drive them all and the one you feel good in is the one to get, power is not everything. It works for me.
good luck in your search...............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts