Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am currently trying to decide weather to buy a '95 C220 Sport or a '95 BMW 320i and, having driven both cars, I'm still sitting on the fence. Power from the C220's four cylinder and the small 320i's six left me wanting a bit more grunt from both, but the slight torque advantage and smoother delivery of the C220 gives it the edge.
Handling, however, goes to the Bimmer. The Merc handles quite well also, but can't match the rock-solid cornering of the 320i.
Both these cars have very nice leather interiors, but the C220 "Sport" surprisingly lacks heated/power seats, traction control, and a sunroof! All of which the BMW has... but the Merc does comes with a rear deck-lid spoiler, which I assume is part of the "Sport" package.
The owners of these cars are asking very similar prices, and the mileage is quite close as well, but I think the C220 will probably hold it's resale value a little better than the Bimmer.
Tell me what you guys think!

-Cheers!

-Dave G

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, two votes for the Bimmer... and on a Mercedes forum, no less!
I guess it'll probably be the BMW.

Thanks for the input guys.

-Dave G

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The most important thing is the pre-purchase inspection. I cannot stress this enough. There could be a myriad of problems lying right underneath the surface. Both of those cars will be rather expensive to maintain, and they are at that age when things start to go wrong. Without seeing either car, the BMW does sound like the better deal as it has more options on it. This may or not be the case and a professional's opinion is required to make the right decision in either case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Inspection is being done at the BMW dealear on Thursday. Thanks Again for the advice!

-Dave G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts