Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, please tell me, Mercedes assembled in the USA and Mexico, is the build quality worse than a Mercedes assembled in germany? or is there no particular difference?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actual country of manufacture is less important than how its is manufactured. The processes and methods would be the same so the quality should also be similar. My GL450 seems to be put together well although some components tend to be failure prone. That really has nothing to do with assembly though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was more bummed about where the parts were made. I figure if the engine is made in Germany but installed elsewhere I'm ok, but when parts say Made in Mexico I'm not happy. I first noticed this with my ML55, which was the console shifter that is known to fail, and for sure fails if you spill a drink on it which is almost inevitable, especially with a female driving it. Sorry ladies, I call it like I see it. The ML was assembled in the US, and assy was fine as was most everything else, but why would they cheap out and use a Mexican part? I fix a LOT of things, all kinds of things, and I see Mexico and China on most things I'm fixing or replacing. Usually china since they make more stuff but my distrust for either is equal. You never hear people saying to get the mexican or chinese made whatever item or part because it's the best.
I could go on a rant about how it's the consumers fault for buying that crap, and the US gov which makes running a business in the US to expensive, both of which only means more chinese crap in the future, which means less US jobs and china will ultimately own the US. Not by force, they will simply buy the US which they are already working on, unless Japan beats them to it thanks to the US buying jap cars. If I have to buy outside the US I'd much rather give my $ to Germany, the UK or some misc other western Euro countries. Maybe I'm racist but would anyone reading this want to see the chinese flag over the white house?
Ok, maybe I ranted a little ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts