Mercedes will launch the new 2008 C-Class in USA in August. To celebrate this event the company will launch the C Drive tour that will go to 11 cities across the country starting in San Francisco on August 4.
According to Steve Cannon, vice president of marketing for MBUSA, "The C-Class is literally the gateway to the Mercedes-Benz brand. We have among the strongest aspiration of any automaker, and this is the vehicle that allows new customers and younger buyers to fulfill that aspiration to own a Mercedes. The C-Class models are the most youthful and exuberant cars in our model line, and now, for the first time, we’ll be offering two distinct models, each geared toward a different buyer. On the one hand, we have Luxury models which will appeal to the buyer looking for the traditional luxury sedan — their first Mercedes. On the other hand, the Sport versions offer a youthful, aggressive styling and performance that younger buyers are typically looking for. Both models provide all those attributes on which Mercedes-Benz has built its century-long reputation and with class-leading value — a combination that we’re pretty confident will put the new C-Class on a lot of shopping lists for people who are considering stepping up to a luxury vehicle or over to Mercedes. Our marketing will reflect that."
The agility, performancev and sheer fun- to-drive factor of the C-Class takes a lot of people by surprise. Plus, bringing the vehicle literally to the streets where they live and showing it off in venues that are familiar to them — yet maybe a little unexpected — really personalizes the experience, which is important to our buyers."
Unlike traditional ride-and-drive events in the automotive industry, The C Drive gives guests a chance to drive the vehicle on city streets, in addition to experiencing a closed-course route. The dual test drives allow participants to put the C-Class through its paces and experience the unparalleled combination of performance, handling and safety available in the 2008 C-Class.
The C Drive Tour Schedule
- August 4 - 5, 2007 San Francisco, California (Left Space Studios)
- August 11 - 12, 2007 Orange County, California (Gothic Moon Productions)
- August 18 - 19, 2007 Los Angeles, California
- August 25 - 26, 2007 Houston, Texas (Warehouse Live)
- September 1 - 2, 2007 Chicago, Illinois (Union Station)
- September 8 - 9, 2007 Farmingdale, New York (Republic Airport)
- September 15 - 16, 2007 Morristown, New Jersey (Morris Airport)
- September 22 - 23, 2007 Washington, D.C. (tbd)
- September 29 - 30, 2007 Atlanta, Georgia (The Atlanta Contemporary Art Center)
- October 6 - 7, 2007 Miami, Florida (Collins Building)
- October 13 - 14, 2007 Dallas, Texas (The Dallas Contemporary)
With a lineup that will begin at $31,975 for the new C300 Sport Sedan, including a $775 destination fee, the all-new 2008 C-Class offers segment- leading value.