Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its getting warmer finally, I would like to know what other c230 coupe users have for a sunshade? Is there one that fits,please share.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got one of the "standard" size shades that use 2 hoops of flexible cable to snap out into circles, or fold up into a small disc. Folded, it fits under the front seat very nicely; unfolded, it fits the window with minimal fuss and only the visors to hold it in place. The shade I have is a single large piece of material that must first be folded in half, then folded to fit under the seat. It takes me abou 10-15 seconds to deploy or stow, although I'll admit it took quite a bit of practice to learn how to fold it!

I find that if it's too cumbersome to use, then I won't use it. That said, I use this sunshade on every sunny day, without hesitation. The large cardboard foldup panels are a pain to store, IMHO, especially in a small car.

Aaron

·
Registered
263 Posts
During warm weather, I use the MB sunshade. Custom fit to the windshield. It is supposed to be made of heat absorbing materials wrapped in a reflective material. Used it last Summer and it worked great! Never came back to a car that was too hot to sit in. It's a bit pricey (about $70), but it is durable and it doesn't curl. I don't think you'll regret the purchase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mark08859 said:
During warm weather, I use the MB sunshade. Custom fit to the windshield. It is supposed to be made of heat absorbing materials wrapped in a reflective material. Used it last Summer and it worked great! Never came back to a car that was too hot to sit in. It's a bit pricey (about $70), but it is durable and it doesn't curl. I don't think you'll regret the purchase.
You are right, the MB sunshade is simply the best. My other car also have one made by the same company for BMW, the car is 7 years old & the dash still looks new comparing to my old 1988 190 (sold) without that MB shade (not available at the time), which looked "used" in 7 years, the MB sunshade is a must have item if you want to keep your car looking new.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mark08859 said:
During warm weather, I use the MB sunshade. Custom fit to the windshield. It is supposed to be made of heat absorbing materials wrapped in a reflective material.
Question: where do you store the sunshade when it's not in use? Is it one of those that's made of a flexible material and rolls up into a long cylinder, or a fan-fold package? Can it fit under the seat, or do you have to store it in the hatchback?

FWIW, my flexible material shade cost $7 at Target, but a custom fit unit would be nice.

Aaron

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alphaman said:
Mark08859 said:
During warm weather, I use the MB sunshade. Custom fit to the windshield. It is supposed to be made of heat absorbing materials wrapped in a reflective material.
Question: where do you store the sunshade when it's not in use? Is it one of those that's made of a flexible material and rolls up into a long cylinder, or a fan-fold package? Can it fit under the seat, or do you have to store it in the hatchback?

FWIW, my flexible material shade cost $7 at Target, but a custom fit unit would be nice.

Aaron
The MB Sunshade comes with its own storage bag (hence, the price). I just put it right behind the passager seat when I have no passagers sitting in the back.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Alphaman said:
Mark08859 said:

Aaron
As noted it has its own bag. It folds. I just keep it in the back seat when not in use. If people are in the car, it gets tossed in the hatch. I have power seats so I don't keep anything under them. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts