Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Mercedes friendly aftermarket products or parts? Maybe AMG kits or approved performance upgrades? Will a MB dealership even install parts you bring to them, regardless of warranty? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There are parts available from many tuners. AMG is now owned by MB, so there is usually not a problem installing their parts. I believe Brabus has a relationship with MB whereby parts installed by Brabus or a dealer will not void the warranty. Brabus is $$$$$. Some dealers sell and install Renntech items and those dealers will not void the warranty, but other dealers will. I think Renntech provides an insurance policy which covers failures if the warranty is voided. You would need to contact them to see if that is a fact.

Chip tuning will absolutely void the warranty.

What mods do you have in mind?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this is planning a while from now..but no serious engine revamps or SCs..just exhaust..possibly carbon fiber airbox...maybe a ECU moding..but not at the risk of warranty..just some stuff to warrant around 25 + hp for the extra quickness on a CLK 320..

Oh yeah..and possibly a H&R spring or cup set...and some sway/anti-roll bars..

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There are onlu two chips out there. The Upsolute claims 30hp but the only dyno chart posted by an owner show 6 to 8 hp improvement with a very narrow spike of 29hp right at redline. It is $575. Renntech has a chip but it is $1595. The only way to get 25hp is with a pulley. an intercooler can get you 10 to 15 hp depending on the ambient temperature. People have been playing with various CAI schemes or filters (K&N, and others), and they are claiming 1 to 4 hp. This is in the noise level of the dyno and really can't be measured accurately. Aftermarket mufflers are about the same 4 hp.

AMG sway bars will bolt right on, and don't cause most dealers any heartburn. Some will complain about Eibach bars. The Eibachs are much stiffer. Did you know that the AMG brakes (made by Brembo) from the C32 will bolt right on and can be purchased for about $900 from many dealers? You will need 17" wheels of the proper design to clear the calipers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the chip doesn't sound liek the way to go..for 1600 bucks I dunno..I may still look into the Carbon Fiber Airbox from renntech... And out of all the sway bars..if i run into less problems would the amg be a better choice over others?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The AMG's are cheaper, but not as thick, so they won't keep the car as flat in the corners as the Eibachs. Those are the only bars for the coupe that I know of. If you think your dealer might give you problems with the Eibachs, paint them black to make them less noticable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tuner mods

RENNtech upgrades are definitely available for your car, and in my experience most dealers know of RENNtech and respect their quality. The ones I've dealt with don't have any warranty issues with them. I am a new RENNtech distributor, so I am a bit biased. I know some dealers don't want anything to do with any aftermarket parts, but it is against the law to just say the warranty will be voided if you use them. Also, there are plenty out there who will work with you.

Hartmut Feyhl, the founder and owner of RENNtech is ex-AMG and has a really good relationship with M-B; there just are not issues with warranty or quality.

If I can be of assistance in providing info, pricing or even parts, post to this forum and I will contact you.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Why not support BenzForum with your business?

Good news to all BenzForum members! The owners of this site are actively working with RENNtech to become an authorized distributor. Meanwhile, you can contact BenzForum at [email protected] to request a quote or other information about RENNtech performance items. Any purchases that might result through BenzForum will help support the maintenance and enhancement of the site. We greatly appreciate your continued support of BenzForum through your purchase of auto parts from www.importpartsonline.com as well as the sale of RENNtech items through this association. Should you choose to contact RENNtech directly, please be sure to mention BenzForum so that we get credit for the referral. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts