Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a new 2004 CLK-320 (demo, 3K) and I have decided to purchase winter tires for the winters.

My plan is to use the stock 4-season tires for next summer only and then upgrade to 17-inch tires the following summer. So, I will be looking for 17-inch wheels. Now, I found the Mercedes wheels nice but very expensive. Are they better quaility? I guess my question is do they worth the money?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Keep you eyes on the classifiedes here and on the other Mercedes forums. You can find the seven spoke 17's are good prices at times. When you start seriously shopping for wheels, you will find the selections for 7.5 x17 wheels to be rather limited and somewhat pricey.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To buy 2nd hand wheels, how do I guarantee the quality of the wheels, like any scratch, the wheels maybe bended?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
When you buy second hand, you can't guarantee those things. That is why they are cheaper than new wheels. You may want to check out the wheels sold by Tire Rack. They sell many brands in a wide price range. I bought my snow tires and 16" wheels there. www.tirerack.com If you buy there, ask for Luke and tell him you are a member of this forum.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I have three sets of wheels. I use the factory wheels for summer. I have a set if inexpensive Miglia Mille MM11-2 wheels for winter. For autocrossing, I have a set of ATS Competition wheels. I don't have any problem with aftermarket wheels from a reputable source. After all, Mercedes and AMG buy their wheels from some of the same wheel manufacturers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts