Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Joker said:
I hope you guys keep your political threads here and not export them back to mbshop.
I doubt if you are going to control free speech by expecting others not to engage in it. Ultimately, it is up to the moderators to allow or disallow what is posted on their website, and how far the posters are allowed to go in discussing things. If they don't want politics, they should delete any political thread that is posted, however that brings up the question of why have an Open Discussion forum anyway, because the discussion is not really an "Open" forum, is it? Perhaps you should look for forums entitled "Talk About Your Grandkids Forum" or "The Why Angelina Jolie Won't Return My Phone Calls Forum". If you don't want "Open" avoid them. There are only 10,000 of forums of all kinds on the Internet.

·
Banned
357 Posts
Ya know F*&^ it I'm staying here once I'm back in the same room with those guys I can't wait to get out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, if I was going to look at it as a businessman, I would look at in terms of needs of the customers being met. We seemed to have two classes of Mercedes Benz owners, those that want a no-holds barred environment, which isn't surprising because Mercedes owners are an upscale group so a lot of them are going to be like yours truly,Northern college educated guys who went to school during the 60s and 70s and are ok with the expression of radical ideas or if conservative, are ok with defending conservative ideas the way a starving dog defends a bone. Then we have the other other set, southerners who attended southern schools that did not share as much in radicalism of the 60s and 70s, except for getting laid a lot and smoking a lot of weed, becoming a more genteel class where decorum is valued more than mixing it up, a class where I and others like me are treated with the southern tradition that I am a welcome guest, until I speak of politics or religion, in which case they will kill me, and the only remaining argument would be whether it is better to use a horse or a pickup truck to hang a Yankee, or whether they should just kick me off a short stool, or if perhaps mercy should be shown and only a savage beating is in order.

So I think benzworld.org will survive as a place where people can swear at each other, advocate mass murder of either the wealthy or the poor or another poster, while this forum will maintain its Southern charm, while the Shop will be a place where we all attempt to compromise somehow with each others cultural and political shortcomings, and whether the moderator can keep the southern desire to find a short stool in check as it does the same with the Northern desire to form Bolshevik firing squads for those who hold opinions usually found below the Mason Dixon line. In the end it should all work out for everybody. Now, where did I put that rifle.......... Botsnst, what are you doing with that stool? And whats with the rope?

·
Registered
453 Posts
The World Wide Web is a wounderful thing with room for everyone, regardless of background, education level, political viewpoint, or location. We are happy to have active participation by members of BenzForum from throughout the US and several countries around the world. Our common interest is an appreciation of the Mercedes-Benz automobile line and discussion of the same.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm here. I'm staying here for what I like about it--low-key and interesting conversation among friends. The thing about friends is that you know them well-enough that you are aware of areas of disagreement and just let them go in the interest of comity. When I want to get drunk and mud rassle I'll go somewhere else.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yo RD,

I'll be around here and back at the "OD". MBShop is like an old, well worn leather chair for me. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've posted a few over there. So far its calm. I may drop the other place and stay here and at MB. I like cigars and brandy here and drink beer listening to the band behind the mesh over at MB.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts