Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the tires on my 2002 Mercedes S55. It currently has the Michelin Pilot A/S tires but I've only had the car for about 2 weeks.. so I can't decide whether to get these tires again or try the Pirelli P Zero Nero's.
Can someone please e-mail me some advice and opinions on how these tires compare?? The Tire Rack has the Michelin tires for about $1150 and the Pirelli's for about $831. Are there any cheaper/better places out there to look into for these tires?? Are the Michelin's worth the extra money or will I be o.k. with the Pirelli's?? I need to get these tires very soon.. so I'll look forward to your e-mails! My e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks in advance!
Dave

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Get off the A/S tires and equip the vehicle with either a dedicated summer tire or dedicated winter tire. You spent too much money on the car to cheap out on proper tires. Get the most out of what you paid for. I've always used Michelin tires with a great deal of success. The new PS2's are as close to an R compound tiure as you'd want to use on the street. That said, i ran a set of P-Zero Rosso Asimmetricos this summer with spectacular result. Make sure alignment is perfect though as they become very noisy with uneven wear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Michelin Pilot sport a/s or Pirelli pzero nero M&S

According to a service bulletin from MBUSA the Pilot Sport A/S is not for use on ANY MB product and doing so will void any alignments even the free ones under warranty. Yet they get glowing remarks from most people. The Pirelli's are cheaper and get even better reviews but no one ever speaks of them.
The pilot sport NON A/S is claimed to be a very good tire but the A/S is a no no according to MBUSA...
Anyone have first hand experience on the normal day to day ride of these two tires?
I have a 2002 S500 with the AMG sport package and wheels so there isn't a whole lot of choice as far as all season tires go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts