Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 ML 320, and recently started having problems (I believe the transmission) it starts Ok but does not shift from the first gear. I can turn it off, then on and it will work again ok. It does this about 25% of the time. Also on this same issues I have noticed that the transmission will not accept any gear, again the same treatment is given.

Engine code given is P0700

Any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I'm out of the office right now, so I don't have my code translator with me. What is the fault description? Just from the sound of it you may need some professional servicing. Best case scenario would be low fluid, but that definately needs to be done by some one with a Mercedes SDS. It doesn't seem as likely as you are able to correct this by restarting the vehicle. Has anything spilled on your center console recently and so you have any warning lights illuminated?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick responce!

The error code transaltion is
P0700 Transmission Control System Malfunction

I do have the Check Engine light ON, no other ligths or malfuntions in the car. (Knock on wood!)

Also I dont recal spilling any liquids on my center console, can this cause a malfunction?

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yeah, the shifter governs a lot of trans function. If they get wet they are toast 90% of the time. At this point I would guess it's either that or your actual control unit under the driver's dash. I would take her in. Even if you can localize the problem, you'll need the SDS to transfer you version coding and reset all the various adaptations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts