Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There
Could anyone tell me what alarm/imobiliser I have on my 99 ML320, I am looking for product numbers/ref numbers to notify my insurance company

Chassis no WDC1631542A067410
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but for now we will assume you get some sort or insurance discount for having an alarm system installed and the provider wants to know the brand and model.

Basically, your vehicle uses a system called DAS (drive authorization system). The system works, in very basic terms, by using a transponder in the remote which is read by a little ring around the ignition switch. There are a limited number of access codes (8 for '98, '99; 24 for years after) which can be enabled or disabled via the dealer's STAR diagnostic machine (this also means you have only a total of 8 possible keys before the whole system has to be scrapped and reinstalled-big money). But basically this reciever ring gets the signal from the key and tells the engine management that it's ok to provide fuel and spark and the vehicle starts. Your alarm is tied into this system as well.

So the brand and model of alarm/immobilizer you have is Mercedes-Benz (although I think the components are provided by Siemens, but I could be wrong). There aren't really product numbers per say, as these aren't parts you can go down to circuit city and buy. If you need the numbers for replacement, you would likely need the part number from the dealer for the ignition lock, the reciever ring, the keys, the AAM, the ME-SFI module and a few various other bits. It's something that's part of the integral function of the vehicle.

Let me know if there's more info I can get for you, maybe clarify your question a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you reply

The insurance company is asking me to quote one of the models listed below and ime not sure which one it is:

Mercedez Benz MBAAS
Mercedez Benz MBRSS
Mercedez Benz MBSS
Mercedez Benz MBSS 2b
Mercedez Benz MBSS 3
Mercedez Benz MBVT 1
Mercedez Benz (HGV) 1 immobiliser
Mercedez Benz MBSS 2a
Mercedez Benz 5000

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
These designations are not the ones we use at the dealer reapir facilities. I wish I had more information for you, but I was unable to locate anything even remotely resembling this nomenclature in any of the technical literature I have (and I have tons). I would recommend calling the MB corporate line @ 1.800.FORMERC(edes). Hopefully they can point you in a better direction. I wish I could be more helpful. Let me know for my own knowledge what you find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts