Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I ordered a new Nakamichi CD400, single in-dash CD player, winner of 2004 CES show for best headunit. Cost $305. I then ordered a plug from Crutchfield, to make the install easier. Do this next time you switch decks, saves a bunch of time. Crutchfield has a plug for every single car, again making it so easy. Now to the problem. I wired it all up, 2 power wires, a ground, 8 speaker wires. And it only worked with the radio on. Everytime I out a CD in it would spin and keep track time but no audio output. This baffled the audio shop I purchased it from. I then put the deck in my 300CE, and it worked perfectly, and sounded great, those 24-bit D/A convertors are worth it. So I then took the junk JVC CD player that I had and put it in the ML320, it powered up and worked flawlessly. Stange to say the least. I then had to return the Nakamichi, less the %15 re-stocking fee. So now I have an Alpine on the way. Has anyone heard of or know ehy this would happen? Thanks everyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts