Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My 2006 ML500 has been stored in a garage since purchase in fall 2005. The car has been out of my garage now for about a month, but is stored carefully in my driveway. The other day, the car was not able to be unlocked... battery was dead, but dashboard lights were on. We were able to get into the ML by using the removable valet key. After doing so, we could open the hood and jump the car. Water is coming out of the 12V plugs. Car only starts when it wants to. Damp floor mats.

The car is now at Mercedes, but they are saying none of the work can be done under warranty. They are saying it is serious. The car may be totaled. The mechanic has sent a couple of bad-resolution photos of the components of the ML which are completely waterlogged.

We don't know what to do? A perfectly-manicured car like this should not have these types of problems after being outside for a few weeks.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Product failure? Sue Mercedes? Certainly not customer negligence.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Administrator
879 Posts
Brandon, firstly was there much rain when the car was outside, and have you noticed any leaks before when you have been driving in the rain?

Did the MB dealer tell you where the source of this water ingress is?

I suppose that unless you can positively demonstrate a faulty water seal somewhere (closing the car up and turning a hose on it), Mercedes can claim that it may have been driven through a car-wash with the windows down or left out in the rain with the windows down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts