Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased and ML55. I'm interested in any information someone may have. I'd like to hear about maintenace mostly. Are there certain things that should be looked for and done at intervals? Mine has right at 60k miles. I've been told that I may want to have the trans flushed and filled but it wasn't something that MB stresses. What type of oil should I use? I've heard different things.
Whats the reliablity of these trucks? At 60k the thing looks and drives like new. (or as well or better than other ML's do) Will it stay that way as long as I keep it serviced, or will it start to go down hill at X miles? I know thats asking alot, but i figured a few people have seen something.
Lastly, if you're in the Atlanta area, I'd like to know where you get you car serviced and where you recommend.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
ok, as far as problems go, see my post in this forum where i've documented all the common problems i see in my shop with these trucks. also, keep in mind the AMG models are normally much better put together than there MB counterparts, and by and large see less in terms of mechanical failures/problems. at 60k you should get your fuel filter changed, as well as the spark plugs (providing the vehicle is about four years old). if the brake fluid and coolant has not been flushed, now would be a good time for this as well. make sure there are no leaks on the vehicle. you shouldn't touch the trans fluid, as it is a sealed unit and is not ment to be serviced. you can have it done if it is imperative in your mind, but be forwarned the synthetic trans fluid MB specifies is VERY expensive and CANNOT for any reason be substituted with another brand. as far as servicing, go to MB Autowerks in atlanta and speak to Donnie. they are one of the absolute best MB repair facilities in the world and you are very fortunate to be located as close to them as you are. I've known donnie for awhile and would be happy to put in a good word for you with the guys down there. PM me with your information and I will forward it to them with my blessing. also, make sure you give me the year of your vehicle. there are few shops in the world i believe will give you service as good or better than my own, and MB autowerks is definately one of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts