Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have read a few of your posts regarding changing of the pulley for more power.

I own a 2000 C230K the sedan 2.3litre version (SA). I have the car for 2 months and would like to learn more about the engine and what can be done to increase power.

1) Are there more than one version of the 2.3 kompressor ? and how will I know which one I have ?

2) What boost does the supercharger run - 0.5bar ?

3) If a bigger pulley boosts more - Does the engine run leaner or does the computer make provision ?

Thanks - here's a pic of my car

Attachments

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Welcome to the board, devan. That is a very good looking car.

Adding a pulley to a W202 is usually more work than for a W203, because the mass airflow sensor needs to be moved from the stock location to a position closer to the throttle body. However, there was a change during the 2000 model year. Some have the MAS in the old location, but late 2000 cars have it in the new location.

Kleemann has a kit for either situation. www.kleemannusa.com

Dynosport has a kit that replaces the supercharger clutch and pulley with a smaller pulley, and includes a GIAC chip. http://www.dynospotracing.com/komp.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Where is the old location and the new location ? I will have a look at my car tonight...

Do you know what the boost level is standard ?

My car is doing 50000kilometers at the moment so I will probabaly wait until it runs out of motorplan before modding it.

Where would I fing tech spec on this car - any idea's ?

Thanx so far !

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I believe the new MAS location is just before the throttle body, and the old location is just after the intercooler. Are you in Europe? If so, Kleemann's main office is in Denmark. Also, you will have access to items from tuners that are hard to get in the US, such as Regier, and Carlsson.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Unfortunately I am in South Africa - they do not have an office here.

I will check my car up and see where the sensor is !

thanx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Checked up on the car and the TB is at the intake manifold.

It is a really complex engine - at least getting to the pulley doen't seem too difficult.

I will post a pic of the engine as soon as I take one !

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Devan

Devan

I live in Cape Town and have a Kleemann pulley kit for your car are you still interested. I sold my SLK last week and took the pulley off. Its in my garage gathering dust at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts