Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,
Watching College football games on tv they do a promo for the schools and show the campus and someone says something about how good looking the campus is.
What campuses do you guys think are picturesque. It can be a school with just a few students hidden away or it can be a "major" in the big cities. Now I'm talking about the campus it self not the students :) But if you want to throw that in tooo go ahead.

·
Banned
357 Posts
Frank X. Morris said:
Howdy All,
Watching College football games on tv they do a promo for the schools and show the campus and someone says something about how good looking the campus is.
What campuses do you guys think are picturesque. It can be a school with just a few students hidden away or it can be a "major" in the big cities. Now I'm talking about the campus it self not the students :) But if you want to throw that in tooo go ahead.
Michigan State or Notre Dame

·
Registered
205 Posts
Miami of Ohio was nice.

UW-Madison ain't too shabby. Some beautiful areas, but at the time some of our bldgs are plain ugly (most of them built 30 yrs ago).

·
Registered
453 Posts
The University of Alabama main campus located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Great looking campus with many buildings dating back before the war of northern aggression.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
ajcrowe said:
The University of Alabama main campus located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Great looking campus with many buildings dating back before the war of northern aggression.
"the war of northern aggression"
that's classic :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
PHAEDRUS242 said:
ajcrowe said:
"the war of northern aggression"
that's classic :D
You had to be there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Zeitgeist said:
TESC campus--hideous concrete buildings, but the landscape can't be beat...oh, and there's a "clothing optional" beach too--all within walking distance of my home. www.evergreen.edu
Back in the late '60's Evergreen was lovely.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Howitzer said:
http://www.princetonreview.com/college/research/rankings/rankingDetails.asp?categoryID=7&topicID=49
Visited Suwanee (University of the South). That is a beauty, too. Nice folks. Laid back social scene but academically demanding.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The only college I'm familiar with from that list is Williams. Tough to get into, but $$. Probably considered a mini-Ivy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
narwhal said:
Ribulose Diphosphate said:
narwhal said:
College of Charleston.
Yes.

Or whatsitsname, the art college in Savannah?
SCAD--Savannah College of Art & Design
That's it! A friend and I were wandering lost looking for a SCAD building (its a diffuse campus) and stopped a well-dressed, academic-looking woman for directions. Turned-out she was a dean of some sort. My colleague, a research scientist, started laughing and said, "Never ask an artist for street directions!" I thought the Dean would be offended but she wasn't at all. She apologized and said he was right, that she couldn't give street directions but she could describe how to get there walking. It was true, her directions were dead-on but had nothing much in common with compass directions and distances.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts