Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone every used Mother's back-to-black for bumper care before? I saw this product in the store and I know Mothers is a reputable company, but I never like to use products sight-unseen on my car. What exactly is it, does it work, and most importantly, is it safe?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's a product that gives old cars that have that black rubber bumper piece back it's original black shine and color. Over time, the rubber piece starts to fade and crack.. what the Mother's product does is restore it, moisturize it and give the color back.

I used it on my old 88 BMW, which for the life of me, NOTHING I used made the black rubber part BLACK, except Mother's back-to-black. all the rubber pieces came back to life as soon as I applied it, and matched with the rest of the car (the paint was in immaculate condition with clear coat and all still on it).

It's safe to use, but if you're scared of what kind of toxins are in it, read the back of the label or test spot it first. :) You should be doing that with all products anyways. Good Luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
great product for me. my door handles were chipping and just looking horrible. so i got some steel wool and smoothened out the chips ( while taping the paint around it so i won't scratch the paint ) then i use the back to black. i have applied it three times so far and its looking great. but just make sure that you smoothen it out before you apply. i also put it on the windshield wiper and now that looks great! i give this product a 9.8/10 it would be a 10/10 if i wouldn't need to apply several times ( well for the handles... the bumpers and trim only needed 1/2 ) but it only requires a little bit of the back to black for it work well. im not even at halfway for all that ive used so far. so im impressed with how it works. try it and you'll love it. and it says to wipe it off.. you should because it you leave it on it will leave a streak and you will notice where you missed a spot. so with another cloth, use it to wipe off and spread evenly. have fun detailing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts