Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks

My authorised MB Motor shop in Aug replace only 1 mount because when reversing (gear on Reverse), the car vibrates badly. But he check when on Drive, it do not vibrate.
So only 1 mount was replaced in Aug'05.

Yesterday the other motor shop who replace the water tank & Radiator, spotted both mounts broken.

The question is either he presume 2 need to replace at same time without realising the other shop had replaced last yr or previous Shop had done something to stop the vibrating?

Currently on Drive i dont notice much vibration even on stationary. I suspect its the right mount which was replaced, am i right?

Some 1 mention if not replace it may cause stress upon other parts of engine, what are those possibilities??

Kind Regards

·
Registered
678 Posts
What should have happened was both mounts should have simply been replaced. Usually if one mount is going bad, the other will soon follow. Since you already replaced one of the mounts last summer, it most likely would still be ok, so you should be ok with just replacing the other one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Confirming viewing from drivers seat, when I put the Reverse gear with brake on, the engine slightly lowers on left side & on Drive gear, it rises slightly on left mount. The Right Mount look pretty stable throughout this. This must prove that the left mount require replacement, right?

Also confirm that right mount had been replaced in aug'05 & dont need replacelement.

I like to check in the MB invoice it says L/H Engine Mount replaced, is that viewing from drivers seat or fron of car?

Kind Regards

·
Registered
18 Posts
Motor Mounts

Left and Right is always from sitting in the car. When I replace motor mounts, I always replace the pair in the front and the trans. mount as I have seen the trans. mount cause just as much vibration when in Drive or Reverse with the brake applied.

Will Stahnke
BenzTech1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts