Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to forum. Proud owner of black Komressor. Loooooooooving it.
I hated to pay overhead for CD changer and phone at dealer's, and installed changer myself (bought from www.autoclass.org for $395 and had no problem installing it even though was warned about necessity of dealer installation and "programming": nothing like that was done and it works perfectly fine)
Now here is my question. I am thinking of buying V60 from T-Mobile. There is talk that it is different from MB's (motherboard?), but I have feeling this is BS, just like it was with changer "programming". Did anyone try their "non-MB V-60" on car's cradle? Does it work? If it does, I would just need to by car installation kit. "Autoclass" used to sell them(with MB phone, however), but not anymore. Anyone knows if and where are they available? Can you buy them without actual phone?
Thanks.
PS Besides, I don't think it is classy to have TriStar emblem on your phone, unless you want to look like Joey Trabiany (Friends) in "Porsche" episode

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey. As far as I know, the installed V60 phone has nothing other than a $1000 chip. I haven't heard of any alternatives to MB's pricy option!

·
Registered
30 Posts
nazar44 said:
Hi. New to forum.
Did anyone try their "non-MB V-60" on car's cradle? Does it work?
Welcome to the group.
Yes, I tried my Motorola v60 in my coupe's mount. It didn't work; just kept turning on and off repeatedly. Yes, my v60 was configured to work with Motorola's hands-free speakerphone kit -- I used it in my previous car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I bit the bullet about a month after buying my C230K and had the V60 phone system installed. It is very expensive, but it is a great system. I wouldn't justify it for the casual user, but I spend 2 1/2 hours a day in my car. The phone's motherboard is specially made for MB and so you're stuck.

There has been recent discussion on this board that there are plans for a universal phone kit for the MB. That might be worth looking into.

Question on your CD changer - do the steering wheel controls work with it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CD changer

Thank you everyone. Any information about this universal phone kit? When? Where? How much?

Re CD changer: everything works perfectly, including wheel controls

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Re: CD changer

nazar44 said:
Thank you everyone. Any information about this universal phone kit? When? Where? How much?

Re CD changer: everything works perfectly, including wheel controls
When? Later this year.

Where? Your dealer.

How much? TBD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts