Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very slick...

no tint? did those rims slip right on or did they require any mods? how about the springs? any mods needed? camber kit? what's the offset on the rims? any info would be helpful. I want to lower mine with H&R's and some 17's stocks. no aftermarkets for me. Thanks, great looking ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I did put a tint on since this picture : )

I run Eibach springs with spring pads removed, and no camber kit. The offset on the rims are 42mm with no spacers needed.

I am selling those rims though, and riding on some AMG Monoblocks 18x8.5 (front) with 18x9 (rear).

·
Registered
35 Posts
////Nice Car///

Thanks for the info. How much are you asking for those rims? Are you going to sell them on ebay? How does the car ride now that it is lowered? Can you feel every bump in the road? Low profile tires don't help either, I hear. Thanks again.

BenzFanatic
*93mb300ce*
Lawrence, Kansas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I have the rims listed in the classified on this forum, and so far there is one BenzForum member in my area interested in them.

There is definitely a stiffer ride with the springs in combination with the 40 series tires. However, the roads in my area are relatively good so no damaged rim issues. I prefer the stiffer ride compared to the "spongy" ride on stock equipment (JMO).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: ////Nice Car///

93mb300ce said:
Thanks for the info. How much are you asking for those rims? Are you going to sell them on ebay? How does the car ride now that it is lowered? Can you feel every bump in the road? Low profile tires don't help either, I hear. Thanks again.

i previously owed a 93 300E riding on 225/40/18 , the ride was not so good. I could feel every bump , it was rough. I then switched to 225/45/18 because i thought it would eliminate some of the harshness, but it didnt, and it rubbed. my 99 c280 spt is on 18 and i have no problems atall with bumps. Mabe it has something to do with the weight of the E Class, i dont know im confused myself. But if you want the looks, go for it!!!
just my opinion, on my past experiance
hav fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts