Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 200 ML430 has been sitting all winter in my garage. I started periodically once needing some assisitance from a starter pack. It will not start now even with the help of a full powered battery. The dash lights up and power seat and radio work with added power but the starter just clicks and then times out and waits for me to re-cycle. Is there an imobilizer or could the starter be shot. Should I attempt to boost from another running car?

DR

·
Registered
678 Posts
Sounds like your battery is just bone dead, and it's going to need more than a simple jumper battery to get it started. Jumping it from a running car will work, but your going to need to let the running car charge up the battery alittle in order to get it to turn over. Or you can just throw the current battery on a charger and let it charge up before you start it. Or you can just replace the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The old 163 have problems with their keys. And if it's an immobilizer problem it would flash " no start" or something like that... Try it with a good key... But make sure you're battery is really good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts