Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been looking at some 92/93 400E's and the v8 is so slick. however, i have this problem with leaving a car completely stock, it bugs me. what are some easy bolt ons for this engine that won't harm reliability but just increase performance a bit?

i'm thinking better airfilter? maybe a cone filter with a heatshield... has anyone experimented with different mufflers that won't harm torque? i don't wan't to sacrifice any torque. are there any kind of factory upgrades that were offered for these cars?

totally unrelated: did the 92-3 400E have the four or five speed auto tranny? what are the part #'s for the different trannies?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey i'm in the same position as you, just looking to get into a 400E, and have the same mod bug you speak of. If i did my research right, the 400E came with the 4spd stock with a 5spd option, while the 400SE had the 5spd standard. I think it'd be really interesting if someone tried a ram-air setup.. Don't know if that would look riced out though... I haven't seen any mods from the factory for them though, and am also looking for more info. anybody got any suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts