Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nav CD's

You need to get the newest verion for your 2002 car. This is 07/2002.
Don't buy an older version of the disc. I have a bunch of them, but sorry no #4. Look in the clasified section on this site for my list.

Thanks

Benz_Tech

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nav CDs

Stick with factory NavTECH disks. We have people coming in all the time with copies and thiese other disks with all sorts of GPS problems, from tracking off route to just not seeing them on the map.

You can pick upi disks on ebay for 40-75 bucks. Not worth the hassle to run anything else.

This is MHO on this though.

The NAV units in the Benz' is pretty picky.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Benz_tech, the disks sold by Continental are Navtech DX disks and are identical in content to the MB labled disks. That label is the only difference. BTW, Audi disks are the same, too. That shouldn't be a surprise because COMAND and the Audi nav system are actually Bosch/Blaupunkt DX nav systems. There are, of course, differences in the firmware in the three units, but the mapping software on the cd-rom's are identical.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nav Disks

Well I don't want to start anything here, but I see the cars on a daily basis and can only tell you what I and other techs see and find. We have also gone through this with other MB service techs (field techs from MBUSA) on this topic. If you use these discs and they work, good for you. I just don't recommend them for everyone. They have caused problems as I mentioned so if you are willing to take the gamble by all means. But if you experience problems with your GPS system and bring it in with a non MB disc don't expect too much assistance in fixing the problem.

Command 2.5 is more picky on the disc content than the 2.0 version.

Maybe we can get some users here to post there sucess stories here.

What do you think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts