Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum and looking for your advise on purchase of a 2000 S500. The car has 67k miles seems to be very well maintained.

Reading some of the postings around the airamatic suspension failures for this model I am particularly concerned. What are the things I should be mindful of? Or should I consider an E?

·
Registered
678 Posts
As with the first year of any car, 2000 S-classes are the most problematic. It's true, they are very prone to Airmatic failures, usually with the pump going bad or the front struts leaking. They also have their share of problems with Comand units and front lower spring link bushings cracking. With the engine, the most problem would be carbon buildup if the car is driven on many short trips, or babied around alot. These are the problems that they still may have, that MB has not taken care of themselves through various recalls. All the other common problems should have been taken care of already, hopefully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the 2000S500 is the best Mercedes I ever owned.

I have complete service records and 48,000 original miles. Every possible extra. Window sticker $94,750. It is a designo in Expresso. Never an accident. Looks and drives like new. Only selling because new one coming with 4matic. Are you interested? :) :)

·
Registered
48 Posts

its a problem which MB has already resolve and not expensive to fix, only repair kits and change the relay going to the pump for the airmatic, that is the culprit nothing else can go wrong with that model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts