Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been doing some searches on forum about changing brakes.. Can someone clear up confusion about turning rotors? Can anyone recommend brake pads that don't release as much dust? I keep reading how easy it is to change out brakes. Is there any warning before I do the deed? Thanks

·
Registered
678 Posts
Never turn MB rotors. They're too soft to turn and will end up warping or cracking. If you have a brake vibration, replace them. If you don't, mic them. If they're 0.5-0.6 mm above minimum thickness, they're ok to reuse, if they're under, replace them. I've heard of some pads that claim they emit less dust, but I forget which ones, and I have no idea how well they perform. If you've replaced pads on other cars, these won't be difficult at all. Just make sure you use only DOT 4 fluid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks.. So the dealer said I needed to replace the rotors so I went out today got all the parts I need.. Rotors, pads, sensors..

Any advice on rotors for this car.. Other cars I worked on before all I did was remove caliper and rotor came right off...

If not I am thinking of taking the car in to brake shop and pay for labor..

What's your opinion?

·
Registered
678 Posts
If you are gonna do the rotors, just remove the two mounting bolts (18 mm) for the calipers. Then remove the one rotor screw (5 mm allen) that mounts the rotor to the hub. You may have to give the rotor some good wacks with a big hammer if it's corroded onto the hub. Make sure you use blue locktite on your caliper bolts before you screw them back on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!!

So I decided to get up and take it to Just Brakes.. They charged me $90 to change the front.. Good thing b/c dealer gave me wrong brakes!! I had to find a ride back to dealer to exchange them. They had me purchase 2 sensors when the front brakes only has one sensor! I even gave them my VIN #.. Go figure..

Well thanks for your help.. take care...ttyl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts