Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am, or actually my wife is, new on this forum and a first timer in a new 03 C240 . Great car , no complains at all.
Unfortunately my wife recently hit a curb with left front and rear, both rims were messed up.
We got the car at Greenway Plaza Mercedes here in Houston and decided to drop it off at the dealership.
My wife and I have had Audi (I still have an A6) , BMW, Acura and always have had red carpet treatment. Excellent service, especially at Momentum BMW and Momentum Audi.
What a mayor disappointment with Greenway Plaza Mercedes Houston!
I wanted to call them first to ask them what they would suggest to do.
Well we found out calling is impossible because after trying 6 times, Monday last week, we got a busy tone all the time.
So we decided to take the car to the dealership.
I told them that the car needed 2 new rims, alignment and thorough checkup of the suspension. They told us they would try Tuesday or perhaps Wednesday.
I never received a call about the status of the repairs and finally decided to call them on Wednesday, this time to the service rep's direct line. Well guess what, the answering machine went off and before I even had a chance to leave a message requesting a return call I was cut off. This went a on a few times and I then decided to call the reception desk.
Line was bussy, several times. I tried the direct number again and got lucky and left my message.
Until late wednesday afternoon no response from anyone so I called again.
Same scenario, busy phones and voicemails not working until after about 15 times trying I got the rep on the line. He told me they did not get to our car, mind you how long does it take to put two new rims on the car, balance and do the alignment. Anyway, Thursday for sure is what they told me this time and the car would be ready.
Thursday came and no phone calls so again I had to initiate a call and struggled with the same problem with their phone system. After trying about 15 or 20 times and talking to managers and being cut off I finally got the rep on the phone who apologized and said it was again a busy day.
He told me Friday around lunch time the car would be ready. I decided on Friday morning to call the rep and to tell him that no matter what, I would pick up the car. Surprise surprise the car was ready.
I had to pay USD 1200 for 2 rims , balancing and an alignment and the rep told me that the car was fine.
Today I was driving behind my wife's car and I could see 4 tires viewed from behind while we were both going in a straight line. It looked like as if the front of the car was pushed to the left.
This means either the alignment was not done, or not properly done. And even if it was done, the car obviously seemed to be not properly aligned, perhaps even has a bend frame?????....
Why would they send my wife in a car that is not safe?????
Today I called and experienced the same difficulties in getting somebody on the phone.
I finally managed to get a manager on the line and I explained the situation at 5PM today and he would immediately talk to the rep , pull the alignment report and call me back.
Well I did not receive any calls and I know they work until 7PM for sure.
I am asking for tips how to handle this matter, this is a dealership that sell at least 150 to 200 cars per month.
My wife's car is 6 months old and we are getting nada service.
I am extremely pissed off and want to find ways to address this issue and also tell the world what a lousy dealership this is, DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM GREENWAY PLAZA MERCEDES HOUSTON!!.
Besides all the hassle, my wife needs a car and we cannot afford an other week without a car.
Please help.......
Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try going to a different dealer

It appears there are three dealers in Houston. While you wait for a response from Mercedes-Benz HQ, perhaps these other dealers can service your car. The first one has already proven itself untrustworthy.

Let us know how it goes, I'm curious as to how MB deals with crappy companies who display their brand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MB HQ sounds like a good idea, what is the best way to approach them, phone or email or mail? Does any one have the right phone no and or email etc handy?
Thanks a lot for your help!
E

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just talked to MB HQ and they told me they would get in contact with Mercedes Benz Greenway Plaza in Houston so let's see how this is going to work out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mercedes Benz Greenway Plaza Houston...... crooks?????

Well, I have to admitt that MB HQ worked fast, I got a call from the service manager at MB Greenway Plaza. He told me that they could not find the the alignment report, eh conveniently.....! I paid for it but they could not find it........
I bet they never did the alignment but they charged me!
Anyway, I made a new appointment and they are going to check the alignment ... again...!!!
This is just unbelievable, is this a Mercedes dealer-ship or are we dealing with some low life crooks.
Let's see what happens next.
E

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same experience...

Hi! first of all I want to congratulate u for the excelents cars that u have and also I want to tell u that I have the same experience but here in Mexico. I just bought a used C230K and I went to the 3 only dealers in Mexico city and all have very high prices imagine that a oil change need more than 2 weeks to have done and a price of $500 dollars only the oil replacement and the oil filter. Now I have problems with my transmision because it made the speed changes verybrusque and also with the direction the cars goes to the left and I just buy and aling it two days ago and I really dont know what to do. The way of all this is that MB is loossing the quality and the good service that they need to have not only for the price of the cars or replacements also by the brand history. A situation that MB must change if they dont want to loose more clients that now are lossing in my country and make that brands like BMW win these persons

·
Registered
125 Posts
MB Service

Hi y'all,

Sorry to learn of these problems with MB service, especially the problems Ricardo is having in Mexico. From my personal experience with several MBs in overseas locations and in Canada(over 20 years period), what I do is this: I will give the dealership one reasonable chance to service my car properly. If they don't measure up I simply call the General Manager and if he balks I call MB directly. I don't sit back and wait& I don't argue. And, I always get a loaner car too. Sometimes MB service costs vary and are higher than we would welcome but it depends on the dealership and location ie. I find the cost of servicing my C230 and 300E cheaper in Vancouver than it was in Barbados(imported parts cost more there). In Ricardo's case MB HQ needs to be made aware of the problems. Bear in mind that if a MB product has been serviced by some street corner mechanic, especially under warrantee and becomes a mechanical problem, MB has a good reason to be unhappy at having to fix the problem under warrantee. If Ricardo's car is under warrantee, the dealer is liable to repair it, within the terms of the warrantee. This differs a bit in different countries. In Vancouver the basic warrantee is 4 years 80,000KMS and 5 years 100,000 KMS on drivetrain. Brakes and bulbs, wipers etc are covered for first 40,000KMS. Oil & filters are an extra cost during A & B services. In the US this covered by the warrantee but is possibly reflected in the cost of the vehicle. I am not sure of that.

Hope you get help with your problems. Great cars. Love my C230..
AL :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
dutch240: Sounds like MB is helping SOME, but my advice is to write MB HQ a formal letter with all the details that you have put in this forum. Let them understand that you will not tolerate this level of service (or the lack thereof) and you consider it a direct relflection on MB as they are responsible for upholding the standards of their dealers. Let them know that based upon your experiences you may never want to own another MB. Emphasize the amount of personal time you have wasted, and the fact that the dealer commited fraud (unless he can prove he did the original alignment). Accept nothing less than FREE STUFF and white glove treatment.

Let us know how you make out. If MB doesn't make it right then we all know where we stand. I've had success with much cheaper cars when using the above strategy with dealership problems. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
New good news

Hi! I called MB HQ of Mexico and they fix my problem because the transmission problem are commonly presented in some cars in my country. Also said me that they will fix the problems of the different prices in the dealers... Thanks for your comments and now I change my mind of the Mexican MB dealers :D. Ricardo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Mercedes Benz shoddy treatment

Besides calling and writing a formal complaint to both the dealership and MB HQ and still not getting anything resolved why not approach the media (television, preferably) to "spotlight" these crooks! I bet you this will get everybody's attention, especially the MB HQ who will keep a closer eye on such dealerships representing their good name. It makes you wonder how many other customers are getting such lousy treatment from a car brand that is supposed to be synonymous with reliability and honesty (never mind luxury and expensive). Goodluck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts