Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello phaedrus and everyone here,

i have a problem with an s280 keyless go. scanned it with star diagnosis and fault on keyless go- short circuit of wires from ESM to keyless go control unit (stored). here's what i did:
1. checked the fuses and its okey,checked the 2 wires from ESM- keyless go (wire 1- start, wire 2- P signal). continuity is okey. no short or open. measuring from the keyless go control unit and to the connector for ESM, wire 1 reads 11.58v, wire 2 reads 5.68 volts
2. to be ascertain i cut both wires and jumped it but to no avail. i also double checked the coding.
3. we replaced the ESM and keyless go but same problem.
4. checked all the assignments of pins and even cleaned it thinking it was just corroded but the problem still persist.

please help me. im having a hard time on this one. here's the situation just to add up information:
1. inserted the electronic key to EIS and everything is fine as per electronic key. it acknowledges all the levers (P, R, N, D). everything is normal.
2. using the keyless go (chipcard) instrument cluster displays "selector lever to P" though its on P already. checked it with actual values using star diagnosis the P is off. start/stop push button is okey.
3. the car can be started on N position but in order to turn it off it must be on P but cant off it.
4. if all the connectors on keyless go control unit is detached and reconnect the car can be started using the P but cant off it.
5. checked if the car recornized the chipcards using the star but its okey. it is recognized. chipcard can lock/ unlock the car.

i was thinking you have experienced the same problem and can help me pinpoint where the fault is. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one thing more, i detached the connector (start and P-signal) to the ESM but still "selector lever to P" on instrument cluster.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Man, I'm scratching my head here. I hate to say this, but a call to the techline may be in order. This is the sort of issue I would move to my shop foreman and contact technical services with. I've seen some strange keyless go issues, but this one is out there. It may require your region's special tech to pay a visit. Good luck brother, let me know what the outcome of this is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello phaedrus,

sad to say that we haven't solve the problem. we just returned it to the owner and i felt bad about it. thanks for the reply anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts