Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all,

Got my new 230: Pewter Silver, Oyster shell leather, 6 CD, Tiptronic. Love it. But two strange things:
a) NO oil dipstick. Dealer says dont need one. Just bring it back for the 15,000 Kilometre service. The computor tells you if oil is needed. Yeh! Nice to rely on a computer. Oh well, it DOES have a 4 yr 80K warrantee.
b) The low beam lights are strong, but cut off the distance rather short of what one should have? The high beams are great. These are the standard halogens. Otherwise bright enough?
2. Good gas mileage so far. Lots of yip in this baby Benz!!

Any comments.

Hi to all,

Al

PS: I have my much loved 300E 86 model year with 75K miles only. What to do with it...!! :?:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Congratulations! I found the headlights to be aimed to low when my car was delivered. Take it to the dealer for re-aiming. I belive the oly MB sold in North America with a dip stick is the SLK 230k. This will change next year with the introduction of the the new R171 SLK which will use the M271 engine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checking oil level:No Dip stick

Thanks Lynn. You are a really nice moderator. Must be only good souls who buy these cars. Right? I have asked Mercedes Benz Canada to explain the logic of their engineering(i am an engineer too). I would hate to get stuck out in the boonies with the oil warning coming up on the computer screen!!

Thanks

Al

·
Registered
175 Posts
Congrats! And I'm jealous of your color - I love that pewter silver! Enjoy the car! Also have to agree with you that Lynn is an excellent moderator. She's so knowledgeable about the car that I think she's a plant from MB Engineering! :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts