Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a brand new 2003 C320 Coupe last November and 10 months and 30,000 miles later the tires are shot, so a couple hours ago I bought Continental Contact Touring CH95's. And drove home (45 freeway miles) and those tire are Loud. I mean I can actually hear them whining.

My original tires - well I never noticed them. I called the dealer and she said they'd exchange them for another brand at no extra installation or balancing charge - just the difference in price and that she had Bridgestone Polenza's for $25 more per tire.

I need to do something by noon tomorrow as I have to be in Canada for a wedding, so my question is a) will the tires gets quieter after a few miles; b) is a tire that's supposed to last longer be a little noisier; c) is that a good tire that I bought (they're advertised as being standard on some C and E class and Audi models.

I sure would appreciate an answer tonight so I can sleep.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Lynn said:
That tire is OEM on some MB models. I have never heard of tire that gets quieter. They usually get louder with wear.
I love the andling characteristcs of my Pilot Sports, but after about 5-7K, they are loud enough that a tech friend of mine (a domestic car line) thought I might need a new wheel bearing. If they're getting quieter with wear, you are a fortunate soul.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess what? My tires are actually quiet! It turned out that I had a bad wheel bearing which the dealer replaced under warranty. I apologize to anyone with an interest in Continental Tires who read all of this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts