Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
at the risk of sounding like a complete newbie and wasting bandwidth... if theres a prior post like this please direct me to it... my search resulted in nothing

im looking to buy a 1997+ C230K or C280. ive done extensive research but i want personal opinions. in my area, there is a 2000 c230k with 85k miles for $11900 for sale and at another dealer a 2000 c280 with 88k miles for $10900. Both sport packages...

based on sheer driving experience/ performance what would you pick?

id pick the c230 since its comparable in power but has slightly better mpg

thanks for your input guys.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I think it's a tough choice. As you stated, the 230 has better mileage. The 280 seems to be alittle more refined. It sounds and tend to run alot smoother. The power and acceleration them are pretty evenly matched. The 230 tends to have a more bulletproof engine internally, but still has alot of other items to go wrong with them externally. The 280 has it's share of problems as well, but tends to be more simplistic and easier to work on. It's kind of a throw off from me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah.... pretty much where im at.... if i could afford it id get a c43, but im still a student... gotta be smart about it.

any other opinions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts