Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am new here but I have read some great advice on this forum so I am looking for guidence. I inherited a 1984 300 D turbo Mercedes from my Mother-in-law. We drove the car for years, great little car but in the past six months I have experienced power loss and even had the engine quit on me. I found two issues, first I noticed a leak around the old primer pump so I replaced it with a Bosch pump. I thought that did the trick but a few days later I had the same issue. Next I replaced all of the filters under the hood. Still had the same problem but it seemed intermittent. I decided to clean or replace the fuel sock at the tank and while doing that I noticed a split in the fuel line from the tank so I replaced the sock and the fuel line, refilled the tank, and primed the system. The car ran great, I took it to dinner about twenty miles from home, came back after dinner and had no issues. The next day I headed to work and before I could get out of the development the car died after loosing power. Is it possible that I did not bleed the air out of the system? This problem has me stumped so I would appreciate advice on possible problems and solutions. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts