Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself before I start asking dumb questions. :)

I just got my brand new c230 sedan delivered to my house in Orange County(CA) last night. It's a beautiful 6 spd. manual, black with C2 and CD changer. I LOVE IT. I've been shopping/dreaming for this car for a while now. Still can't believe I own it. Sold my '93 Miata and traded in my '92 Pathfinder. Got a credit union loan for $20K at 3.9% and I was all set. I am one happy camper right now. I turn 28 today, and I feel like it's somekind of midlife crisis... but man is it a good feeling to own this car. One thing I'm second guessing myself on is the fact that I didn't purchase the Lighting package. I'm wondering if it's possible to purchase it now(and how much it'll cost since I didn't get it from the start). If anyone have and tips/advice/criticism regarding buying the bi-xenon headlights after the fact, it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, hope to make some of your acquaintances if you live in the area. This board seems like a great resource. Wish I found it before my purchase, but am glad I found it now.

Cheers!
-Thach

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome! I think there are after market light packages available. Look for posts on that subject.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The headlight units can be purchased from the dealer for $800 to $900 per side. The dealer probably won't install them. By Federal DOT regs, it is illegal for them to do so. It is not feasible to retro-fit the auto-leveling devices, so accurate aiming of the lights is essential to prevent blinding on coming traffic.

The headlights can be purchased from a private individual in Europe for $600 per side which includes shipping via FedEx. Contact Steve Krabbenborg at his website, www.Mbenz.NL or [email protected]

After the lights are installed, the dealer must use the DAS computer to instruct to car that the bi-xenons are present. Otherwise, the car thinks to bulbs have failed, displays an error message and the lights will not come on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lynn said:
The headlight units can be purchased from the dealer for $800 to $900 per side.
Ouch... what a terrible mistake on my part. $800 per side, while the C4 lighting package was only $750 list price... oh well, live and learn.
Thank you for very much for the info.

Thach

1 - 4 of 4 Posts