Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,
I have been busy with my new little Saluki for the last week. As of this date he is just about 11 weeks old and a hand full. I retired my 2 older Salukis from competitive running after their last competition of the season so I was looking for a new dog for next season. A friend said she new someone that had a litter and I was lucky enough to get one. As soon as I get pix to my web page I will post it. Off I go, where is that little critter now, I don't hear him so he must be into some kind of trouble.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Cool! We were just looking at adopting a Sheperd that was very abused. We decided that we our current dog was enough to keep our hands full, though. Beautiful dog, but the fact is we just can't have another right now. I envy the space you must have.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy Ted,
Cigars are in the mail :D I haven't seen you around much. Not posting or am I just not looking at the right threads?¿
What is the latest news on Mary. The last thing I heard you had a behaviorist(sp) looking at her.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Frank X. Morris said:
Howdy Ted,
Cigars are in the mail :D I haven't seen you around much. Not posting or am I just not looking at the right threads?¿
What is the latest news on Mary. The last thing I heard you had a behaviorist(sp) looking at her.
I check here from time to time. Not much action, so I pretty much stick with the old standby, MBshop. That other board doesn't interest me at all.

We were looking at a dog last fall, but the behaviorist said Mary had socialization "issues" and needed a good amount of socialization training (something she did not experience as a pup).

Since she's happy being a single dog, we'll keep it that way.
She's a real character, so provides us with a lot of fun. All around great dog, but one you have to be very strong with.

Ted

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Howdy All,
For the last 2 Sundays I've been able to get the dogs out to run. Well the puppy had the experience of getting lost both weekends. First time we were in the middle of a field and he was messing with his foot. So the other dogs and I walked away. When we were a couplehundred yards away he finished with his foot and looked up to find nobody. He was facing in the other direction and didn't look our way. He started pacing around and looking. After about a minute I blew the horn, his head snapped around and he came jogging along. The second tme he got behind some bushes and I couldn't see him so the horn came into use again. All in the course of training.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Howdy Lynn,
Of the top 3 coursing breeds (Saluki, Greyhound & Whippet) the Saluki seems to have the fewest injuries. This can be attributed to the running style. The Greys & Whips run with more force and the Salukis seem to glide more.
I've been lucky in that my youngest dog that died was 8 y/o and my oldest was 15 y/o. Knock on wood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts