Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone new to Benz and this forum. I bought a 1999 C230K after many problems with the engine MB USA put in a new long block engine and now it runs like a champ. except the windows go up and down when you remove the key, and the AC fan changes speeds all by itself example if you have the speed on 5 it is OK if you have it on 2or 3 it runs at that speed and then speeds up and then slows down. and then sometimes it will not work at all. This is my first Benz an dover all like the car,but we are almost afraid to drive it. it seems to have a mind of it's own. Any insight on how to correct the windows ( the front one are currently not working at all) and the AC fan. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The fan sounds like a blower motor resistor that needs to be replaced. It's attached to the blower and is located right underneath the glove box. Drop the panel on the underside of the dash and you'll see where it is. Easy job.

The window issue sounds a little strange. That's something that is going to require a little more hands on diagnostics. I recommend seeing the dealer on that one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the info I will check it out . as far as my windows go If I can figure out how to take off the console I can check the the window switch and clean it if some liquid may have gotten into it. thanks again

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Pull the ring around the shifter. There may be two screws on the back of the console by the armrest. Other then that it just prys right up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts