Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guyz, I am new to this forum. Recently i just bought a uSed MB 2005 C230k. Well i have i question concerning about oil change. When i first bought the car the owner told me to change oil every 10,000 mileage?
its been 5000mileage and i haven't change oil yet. Should i change oil now or 5000 more mileage?

DNKS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well myself, if I just bought the car and didn't know for sure when the oil had been changed, I would change it now, so I would be sure for future changes. Perhaps a more important question is what type of oil is being used. If the previous owner said that it was being changed at 10K intervals, then it's probably got the Mobil One synthetic. It's very important that you replace it with the same oil that's in it, especially with synthetics.

Good luck and have fun!

Wipster

·
Registered
113 Posts
The car will have an indicator that will let you know when you are near to oil change time. If there is synthetic inside, just wait to see the wrench on the odometer when you start the car.
Make sure that you check the dipstick to confirm that it has synth, though. Otherwise change it yesterday, and use the artificial stuff.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Dipstick? There's no dipstick on that car. My recommendation, synthetic is the only thing to use in this car. I would change it right away, with synthetic, but don't reset the indicator, and then continue your Flex services when it tells you to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts