Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody... I just got a used 2002 C-230 Coupe 2 days ago, and it has a fairly high milage on it (33k). This is the first MB in my life, and I am sooooo excied!!! I have some stupid questions about the warranty:

1: Do I need to pay for basic maintance like oil change in dealership? Does the cost included in the standard warranty?

2: I find a little nose from the front left wheel... should i bring it in can have a full check up? how much does it cost me?

3: All the warranty can be transfer to the new owner, right?

4: My friend in LA told me that I can just drive into a MB dealership and ask for a car wish for 'FREE" :roll: .... ahhaa.... true?

Sorry for the stupid questions... ahhaa.... have a good day, and thanks in advance. :wink:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
rib123 said:
1: Do I need to pay for basic maintance like oil change in dealership? Does the cost included in the standard warranty?

2: I find a little nose from the front left wheel... should i bring it in can have a full check up? how much does it cost me?

3: All the warranty can be transfer to the new owner, right?

4: My friend in LA told me that I can just drive into a MB dealership and ask for a car wish for 'FREE" :roll: .... ahhaa.... true?

Sorry for the stupid questions... ahhaa.... have a good day, and thanks in advance. :wink:
Welcome to the forum.

1. Basic maintenance, except the brakes, is included in the first 4 years or 50,000 miles.

2. That should be covered by the warranty.

3. Yes

4. Yes, no or maybe. Some dealers offer free washes to anyone who brings in his\her car. Some only offer free washes for cars sold at that dealer. Some, such as mine, have "free" car washes as part of package they sell. Almost all will wash the car when it is serviced or repaired.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Item one is true only for US residents, and false for our friend to the north (Canada).

I guess Lynn assumed that lived in the US from the LA friend reference, but if you don't your gona have to pay for that oil change son.

Hint: Fill in the location field in your profile. :wink:

·
Registered
94 Posts
For Canadians

Nothing is free in Canada ...
Oil change costs around $120 in Montreal.
I changed the oil once myself and costs me $80.
Ah yes, your car needs 8l syntetic oil ....
14000km for oil change sounds a little high for me.

I also bought a used C230 and I never had any trouble to have the problems fixed. ( And I had a few troubles: Gearbox, front swaybar, left door ). The warranty on the mercedes is good and covers a lot of things.
Up to 40000km or 2 years you should only pay for oil, brakes and tires.

We have good dealer in Laval whose service is much better than the one in Montreal on Decarie. Dealer counts a lot for service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey andkovaks

you got any experience with silver star wouth shore on taschereau?

and hum, 120$ oil change? damn hope it,s in canadian.

I plan on buying a 2000 C230K (aroudn 50 000km on it) with a warranty up to 120 000 km.

Etienne

·
Registered
127 Posts
Re: ?

2Subway said:
Does basic car maintenance include tire rotation?
I don't think so, as a matter of fact no, but if you have the free pre 12,000 mile/1 year alignment they will rotate the tires as part of that.

But you have 33K so that's out now isn't it. I think the local dealer here quoted $35 for tire rotation, I did it myself and bought a bottle of gin instead.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Re: ?

2Subway said:
Does basic car maintenance include tire rotation?
Service B includes tire rotation. My dealer did it Service A, damn them. I had just done it the week before, so they put them back the way they were. I still haven't switched them back. Maybe this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts