Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am looking at at a 95 e320 wagon w/ 115k and asking for $5k and a 94 e420 w/ 69k and asking for $6k. I tend to prefere the wagon for it's practicality. Can anyone tell me what should I look out for when I go see these cars.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
This was my response to the PM I recieved regarding the wagon (figured it may be of some value to the community):

I can only assume it's a m104 inline six cylinder. Check the RR corner of the engine near the firewall. They often develop cylinder head leaks in this area. The diff will likely need to be resealed as will the steering gear. The wiring harness will likely be very brittle as they were known to bio-degrade. Strip some of the wrapping off any part of the wiring harness and look for cracks in the wiring. This will need to be replaced as all sorts of intermittent runability faults/hesitations. Check the suspension thoroughly for excessive play. If the drag link and lower ball joints are original they will probably need replacement. Check shocks closely for leaks. Have the codes run by MB. We can look into all sorts of systems that the Snap-On or other generic scanners are unable to see.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts