Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud new owner of my first MB, today I got a 2000 ML320, Im extremely excited, I hope it last me the duration until I can get another vehicle with minimal problems. I have a question about the ML Navigation system, I have searched and yet through all the post I did not find exactly what I am looking for. Ok so here we go. When I press the open on my MCS I see a tape deck and a CD slot, I read somewhere that, that is the slot for the Navigation CD, when I press the Navi button though I know I dont have a CD in it, is it supposed to say something like Nav CD not installed? It is giving me nothing when I press the button just a regular screen, so that is my question #1! Second, I would like to know where the CD changer goes, or for that matter is? I know that sound extremely stupid but I cant seem to find it, so at this point I have just chalked it up to there not being one installed, if it is not is the slot in the front only for CD and not Navi? How would I find out? If I must get a new changer which types of changers are compatable with the MCS? I know my uncle has a 1992 500SL and that holds a 6disc Alpine which I happen to have a spare working model of but I was just wondering. Im sorry if I sould like an idiot, please forgive me just looking for some answers. Thanks in advance.

BK

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 2006 there are TWO drives, one for the audio cd and one for the NAV system. There should be a NAV program disk in the NAV cd slot at all times. Check with a dealer on this but it sounds like you have a tape deck in the place where the NAV deck should be.
The audio cd changer in my 2006 is located in the dashboard glove box. A silver button located just inside the lid on the left of the compartment allows the deck to descend into the glove box cavity. You load 6 audio CDs in mine and push it up out of sight manually.

·
Registered
11 Posts
you probably need a update navi disc. as for the cd changer, if installed, look in rear of the car either on the left or right side behind the panels. if its not there then you dont have one installed unless its an aftermarket cd changer and it was installed somewhere else in the vehicle

·
Registered
46 Posts
The CD drive for the nav is behind the MCS screen... with the tape deck. Most 320's of that era don't have the navigation as it was an optional item.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts