Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to bit the bullet and order car but have some questions
1) Is the standard radio/cd system any good or should I upgrade?
2) What is difference in 10 way power seats to 8 way?
3) What is the average schedule service cost and time period between services?
I am currently driving a G35 and think the MB will give me more of what I'm looking for other then HP.
Thanks for all your help.:confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can only speak, with regards to #3. If you have a G35, which are allegedly good, and have a decent service record, why in the world would you buy a brand new model C-class? The last generation (W203, 2001-2007) had a ridiculous number of horrible problems, many of which were not fixed until 2004-2005. I wouldn't trust the new model until it's been out for at least a year, and you can find out what problems it has (and whether or not they've been fixed, yet). Mercedes-Benz, unfortunately, has been at the very bottom of the barrel, for the last several years, in the area of reliability, number of service appointments needed, and overall customer satisfaction. Some have attributed this to the acquisition of Chrysler, which they have recently sold. Hopefully, they can get their act together, but until they prove that, I would definitely _not_ buy another M-B. I would take the 3-Series sedan over the new C-class sedan, any day of the week.

I do have to admit that I like the exterior and interior of the new C-sport sedan. I saw one in a magazine, months ago, and I didn't really like it all, but then I saw one at the dealership (when I was getting parts, of course) and then on the road this past week, and I liked the way it looked in person.

However, I wouldn't trust its reliability, until it's been proven...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts