Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that my boat is sold, I'm looking to replace it with something equally substantial. I think a well maintained Mercedesbenz might do the trick.

As a potential first time owner, I'd like to hear some thoughts about the reliability, cost of repairs, what items go bad, and general economy of the car over 100k miles.Please tell me if there are any achilles heels like the vette optispark.

The car that I would get will probably be early nineties. I've never owned a frumpy 4-door but that is what most people drive nowadays.

I did see an ad for an 87ish 560 with both tops that was in my price range looked like a beauty. Almost too nice for a daily driver. I think the ladies would dig it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Richard, Richard................the eye is sometimes a deceitful organ. That "frumpy" little, 4 door C-43 you may have seen would smoke most Vettes on the road today :D . Seems like every year and model has it's own quirks. Choose a model and I'm sure some owner will be happy to expound upon it's cantankerous ways.
PS That nicely equipped C-43 comes with about 300 h.p. 8O

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
No matter what you're looking at, get the vehicle inspected. The older MB's were know for stellar reliability, but any old car will have its problems. They can very very expensive to own very quickly if you haven't done your homework on the car. The 560 was a very expensive car when new and maintenance cost will reflect this. By the best car you can afford; you will spend the money regardless. There is nothing more expensive than a cheap MB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts