Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just purchased a 2003 ML350 and I read about an overhead display that shows the compass, fuel economy, miles to empty, etc. yet mine isn't on [?]. I have a little black window "thingy" up there, but nothing is displayed. I have an Inspiration w/ sunroof and the Bose package if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
-Buzz

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over head Display

How can I tell if that option was installed or not? The only buttons near it are for Towing and sunroof control.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The easiest way I know of is to have your dealer's service department run a VMI for your VIN. It will give them a comprehensive option code list that would tell you whether or not your vehicle was equipped with a trip computer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
JMUBuzz said:
Hey all,

Just purchased a 2003 ML350 and I read about an overhead display that shows the compass, fuel economy, miles to empty, etc. yet mine isn't on [?]. I have a little black window "thingy" up there, but nothing is displayed. I have an Inspiration w/ sunroof and the Bose package if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
-Buzz
Easy. Mine has that but mine lights up with all the stuff. The button up on top of it should say "Mode".

I'm not sure I know what an Inspiration is though, but I know that that's what mine looks like.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Inspiration was a styling package that included deviated stitching in the seats, special wood, bigger wheels, running boards and the AMG hood. Badging is different on the fenders and floormats. Quite the deal when they came out. Nice looking and a huge price break over what those options would have cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts